You’ll be spoilt for choice if you’re looking for a business coach in Sydney. Just about every corner you turn you’ll find someone with Business Coach in their title. But how do you go about choosing the right business coach for you, especially in a place like Sydney where there is a lot of Business Coaches to choose from.
I myself have been a Business Coach in Sydney since 2001, and have worked with many business owners, and have found that some are more prepared than others when it came time to choose their business coach.
Here are 9 questions you could ask yourself if you’re looking for a business coach in Sydney.
- Have they been a Business Coach for a long time? Even though there are courses that teach you how to be a business coach, there is nothing that can substitute experience. Also, if they’ve been around a long time, especially in a market like Sydney, the likelihood is that they’re a great business coach and you can safely tick that box!
- Have they been a Business Coach in Sydney for a long time? Similar to the first question but including the geographic area in your question will help you understand if the business coach you’re thinking of working with has an established network of professionals in Sydney. There will be times when your business coach will need to refer you to a third party to get the job done, the last thing you want is having to deal with experts that aren’t in Sydney.
- Are they part of a business coaching company in Sydney or are they a solo operator? There are many benefits in working with a business coach that is part of a bigger organisation. If your business coach was to get sick or go on holiday, you’ll still have access to other experts to help answer your questions and keep you on track whilst they’re away. If your Business Coach is a solo operator, they’re less likely to have the peer support that exists in bigger teams and this could affect the results you get.
- Do they have a track record with clients in Sydney? Before you choose a business coach in Sydney it’s a good idea to check for online reviews on sites such as Google or Facebook. You’ll get a feel for the feedback they have received from past clients and whether or not they may be a good fit for you.
- Do they have events and conferences you’ll need to attend? The results you achieve whilst working with a business coach will be greatly increased with additional training and events. If you’re working with a business coach in another city besides Sydney, you may have to travel on a regular basis to attend they’re additional events.
- Where in Sydney are they located? Sydney is a big and busy city, and if you choose to work with a business coach on the opposite side of Sydney you may find yourself spending more time in the traffic than you do working with your business coach. Also, you may feel it’s important for your business coach to visit your business, and if it’s too far they may charge extra for travel time.
- How many business coaching clients in Sydney do they have? One of the benefits of working with a business coach is the network of like-minded entrepreneurs they can introduce you to. Even though they may be based in Sydney, if a lot of their clients are in other cities you’re unlikely to maximise this benefit.
- Do they have tools and resources to assist you to grow your business? In addition to working one on one with your business coach, you’ll need to find tools and resources to help you implement strategies into your business for fast results. A lot of business coaches will help you work out what to do, but rarely give you the tools or show you how do get it done.
- Are they a good fit? As you search for the ideal business coach in Sydney, one thing to keep in mind is that you’ll be working together for at least 12 months in most cases, it’s important that you feel a connection with your business coach and your values align.
I hope these 9 questions help you with your search for a business coach in Sydney. To find out more about our business coaching programs and see if we’re a good fit, click here to talk to one of our Sydney Business Coaches today.
For more information on how Max My Profit can help you with your business, please contact us here
About the Author
Ben Fewtrell is a sought-after Business Coach, Keynote Speaker and trainer who has featured in Virgin’s Inflight Magazine and Entertainment Portal, SKY Business and “Secrets of Top Business Builders Exposed”. He is also the host of the popular Business Brain Food Podcast where he interviews leading experts on anything and everything business.