If your business is depending on you, then you don't have a business – you have a JOB!
And I bet it isn't what you envisioned your business to be when you first had the entrepreneurial itch.
You have probably put in your hard-earned savings, blood, sweat and tears into building a business that is barely breaking even. And that's probably because you may be good at what you do, but you may need a little help running a business.
Here's the thing – you may think freedom and time is a privilege at the moment, but it doesn't have to be.
You can enjoy more Freedom
You can enjoy more Time
You can make more Money
It's important to understand that successful business owners may begin by working IN their businesses, but they are successful because they spend more time working ON their business. They move away from the daily tasks. They move away from working on the tools. They start to network, surround themselves with people who will influence them and who they can learn from and they spend more time thinking.
Here are a few pointers that you should consider:
- Nothing changes without you changing something. If you don't embrace change, move with the times and adapt to the fast-moving world of technology and innovation, you will be left behind.
- You need to think of Marketing as an investment and not a waste of money. Marketing only works if you put in effort to do something that gives you a good Return on Investment.
- You need to PLAN. Set aside planning days. You should always be planning your next big marketing move, your next investment opportunity, your next goal. Planning is crucial to any business and a good Business Plan will help you succeed.
- Success requires you to think like a business owner and not an employee. Mindset is everything.
- Systems Systems Systems - creating systems for your everyday tasks and for things that can be automated saves time and money. This gives you freedom to work ON your business rather than in it.
There are five stages to building a successful business and each stage is a 'building block' ensuring you and your business are ready for growth.
The idea is to determine where you and your business is at and start working on that stage. It is likely that you will be working in all stages in some way...the idea is to "master" each stage starting at the beginning.
To find out more about the 5 Stages, click here.
About the Author
Ben Fewtrell is a sought-after Business Coach, Keynote Speaker and trainer who has featured in Virgin’s Inflight Magazine and Entertainment Portal, SKY Business and “Secrets of Top Business Builders Exposed”. He is also the host of the popular Business Brain Food Podcast where he interviews leading experts on anything and everything business.