Andrew Mahoney decided to give up his secure income to set up his own business three years ago, and back then his vision wasn’t particularly clear.
A conversation with Andrew at a seminar ended up in a business relationship that would lead him to develop a multi-million dollar award winning enterprise in just three years.
We identified a number of key issues with Andrew’s approach to business: he had very little experience, he was spending long hours working in the business, he had a fast growing enterprise without suitable business systems and he had issues with cash flow.
The transformation in just three years has been substantial:
- Andrew’s business turned over around $200,000 in its first year. Last year the figure was almost $2 million
- The business developed from a sole practitioner’s enterprise into a profitable business with a team that includes practitioners and administrative support staff totalling about 50. The business services about 500 clients per week
- Andrew worked around 90 hours a week after starting the business – he now works about 3 hours a week, and deals with only a few calls and emails a week. The day to day requirements are looked after by others
- Rural Fit won ESSA Business of the Year in 2013 and the NSW Business Chamber’s 2013 Award for Excellence in Small Business
- Andrew has not only successfully made the transition from wage earning public servant to successful business owner, he has created a lifestyle that allows him to spend his time with his wife and children, enjoy life and assist some of the causes he’s passionate about
Andrew couldn’t be happier with the outcomes and credits MaxMyProfit with correcting his original limiting belief about what it meant to be a business owner – a belief which may otherwise have resulted in him working as a sole practitioner with a limited income forever.