Marketing 101 – get your future clients attention first through the email subject
One of the most important and most difficult things to get right in marketing is grabbing your prospects attention amongst all your competition. You may be selling the best products or programs, but your prospect has no idea who you are.
Getting your headline right is an important step in communicating your brand, your product and yourself to the target market. Statistically, only 20% of your marketing will actually work. So you need to test and measure every campaign you run to get it right.
To get you started, here are some Email Subject Lines for you to try and test in your Marketing:
- Here’s How You Can Reduce Your ****
- Here’s How To ***
- 5 Reasons why ***
- You’re missing out on ***
- First Name, last chance to see what the fuss is about
- Order now… pay LATER
- Here’s your ticket, first name
- 15% off your favourite ***
- Get access to free online training
- ## reasons why you should steal my cheat sheet
Try using these headlines in your email marketing to see how you go. Remember to test and measure to see which one works for your product or service. Once you have grabbed your readers attention, you can then move on to generate some interest in your email blast. There are also some headlines that will decrease your open rates.
- Avoid using your company name in the headline. This does not seem to grab attention and only encourages “deletes”
- Your headline should always talk to the person you are sending it to. Using the word “you” is a suggestion
- Open a loop – this makes them want to read the rest of your email
- Target your headline to your audience
Remember, your headline is your first impression on your potential customer. It plays a big role. You need your prospect to open your email so that they know what your message is. They receive on average 100 emails a day. Yours needs to stand out. So make it a good one.
For more information on how Max My Profit can help you with your business, please contact us here.