Messenger marketing is a great way to get more leads and increase your sales. On the other hand, it can be very tough to get started with it. However, there are tips and tricks you can use to help you do it. Here are three ways to increase sales through messengers.
1. Plan Your Campaign & Create Your “Character”
The first thing you should do is plan your campaign and create a character for your chatbot. Even if you are not planning to use a bot but rather real people operating your chats, you should still think of a uniform “character” that will represent your organization.
Creating a character or personality for your messenger bot is crucial for your messenger marketing campaign. In fact, it can help you in many ways:
- Increased Open Rates: Good open rates can go up to 90%, even though this is more rare than widespread. You can generally count on 70%.
- Higher Click-Through Rates: Generally, these will be from 28% to 48% if you are doing everything correctly.
- Unique User Experience: Chatbots and messengers allow you to provide your users with a unique experience as well as collect their personal data.
One-on-one connections through messengers usually lead to conversions and increased engagement levels. However, if you are not using the full potential of messenger marketing, you can’t possibly experience improvements in many aspects of your business.
When designing a character for your bot, remember that you should state that it is a bot and not a human. Otherwise, you will be violating laws that require you to be clear about your bot being a bot and not a human. You can still create a personality for your bot though. It can be a reflection of what your brand is like and the tone can be friendly and conversational.
In order for a user to subscribe to your bot, they first have to interact with your business messenger account. “Get started” button or links are not always enough to complete a subscription, because more often than not, the person will have to send a message to the Facebook page to subscribe (if you use the Facebook Messenger). It’s got the double opt-in logic.
2. Improve Your Content & Your Messaging
After you set up your messenger and the subscription process, there are some things you can do to improve the content and messages you send through. It will help you improve your communication and get higher engagement levels.
A great idea would be to include your subscriber links in as many places as you can so that you get more subscribers to your bot. This is especially useful if you are using Facebook Messenger. Here are some places to consider:
- Presentation Video: You can include a subscriber link under your presentation videos so that the users who subscribe get a free download of the presentation.
- Coupon Codes: You can require your customers to subscribe to your messenger bot in order to get coupon codes.
- Podcast Transcripts: If you have a podcast, include subscriber links under the podcast episodes for listeners to be able to then download the transcript.
- Transactional Emails: Transactional emails can also contain subscriber links and a sentence that says that your customers can reach out to you through the messenger.
This tactic will help you build your messenger subscriber list quickly and effectively. But if you want to improve the content in your messages, you can translate it with the help of a fast translation service like The Word Point. Allow your subscribers to choose their language and send them relevant messages. You won’t believe how happy they will be.
There is also another useful technique if you are using Facebook Messenger. You can combine your bot with Facebook Live comments to engage your audience more and get new leads that result in sales. Just follow these steps:
- Plan a Facebook Live and announce free stuff you will be giving away.
- By using ManyChat or Chatfuel, connect your Messenger bot to the Facebook Live (you can do this through the Comments feature).
- During your live stream, encourage people to comment. The bot will get in touch with them, distribute the free stuff (an ebook, for example), guide them through the process, and get any personal information you may need.
3. Generate Even More Leads & Increase Your Sales
And the last thing you can do is generate even more leads and increase your sales by segmenting and personalizing your content delivery. A common mistake businesses make with messenger marketing is sending out the same message to everyone. Instead, you have to personalize the experiences your users get.
- Firstly, let your customers engage with your bot and “choose” their adventure like in a game. Add navigational quick-reply buttons that will help them select what to do next.
- Secondly, ask questions that will help you find out more about each separate subscriber. By using tags, you will then be able to segment your subscribers depending on their interests.
- Thirdly, deliver relevant, personalized content to your subscribers. Don’t send out broadcasts that will not correspond to the interests of your subscribers or they will get annoyed and unsubscribe.
You can also use your messenger to send out reminders about upcoming events such as live streams or webinars. Your users will be more likely to attend the online event if they get reminded about it.
Other things you can send are offers, sales, updates, and more. If your subscriber indicated that they are interested in hand creams, notify them about a discount for one of your cream. At the same time, if you have an important update, send it out to all of your subscribers so that they are aware of it. Special holiday offers can also be sent out through the messenger.
All in all, these are only three ways you can use messengers to increase your sales, but once you master them, you can move on to more complicated techniques. Follow the tips in this article to make the most out of your messenger marketing campaign.
About the Author
Melissa Mauro is a self-improvement author who is always interested in new projects. She wants to create her own writer brand, that’s why Melissa is looking for fresh platforms for the implementation of her ideas. Creativity and unique style make it possible to deliver valuable and engaging content to her ideal reader.