Not everyone can boast that he is good at creating professional presentations. But let's face the truth: this is a must-have skill, which is widely applicable in all spheres of modern life including education, coaching and business.
The process of presentation creation is an art, which is similar to the book writing or film making. Every word, every picture and every template should be relevant to the topic and has its specific value. If you want to work in PowerPoint like a pro, check no-fail secrets, which help to design the eyes-catchy slides.
Build Clear Structure
Slide creation is a way to represent a sophisticated topic in a simple and understandable form. Thus, structure of presentation should be absolutely clear and logical. Basic rule is to describe only one idea per slide.
Perfect PowerPoint file is a fascinating story, which consists of few parts. There are an intriguing introduction, a brief overview of the topic, detailed analyzes of the concrete issues and solid conclusion inside of the presentation.
If you work on a scientific study, don't forget to add a references slide in the end. If you face any difficulties with the APA, MLA or Chicago style formatting, try to use Citatior. This website creates references automatically.
Create Solid Content
Even the brightest and most visually appealing presentation is worth nothing without high quality textual content. A basic task is to state the most important issues of the topic in few short sentences. If you find it difficult to put thoughts into words, feel free to outsource the writing services.
- GetGoodGrade - This company employs professional presentation creators, who have the backgrounds in education, business coaching, media and entertainment industries. They work on PowerPoint files of any length, starting from one slide.
- Fiverr - This platform works well, when it is important to find an expert with the vast knowledge in a very specific niche. Here you can find and review the dozens portfolios of content creators' from all over the world.
- RewardedEssays - This site has a flexible pricing model, and rate depends on the urgency of every order. You can get a professional PowerPoint presentation with huge discounts, if there is no rush.
- Upwork - This is the biggest freelance platform in the world, where thousands of talented writers look for new clients. Payment rate per slide depends on the skills and experience of a content creator as well as his/her country of origin.
- HotEssayService - This site offers proofreading and editing assistance. This service is useful, when you need to improve the quality of presentation at minimum cost.
- Freelancer - This freelance platform enables to set a concrete price for a project, so it is super easy to stick to the budget.
- FlashEssay - This company can deliver professional presentation in few hours. Considering a high quality of work, prices on PowerPoint presentations are comparatively not high.
Also it's a good idea to use IsAccurate service, in case if you need to translate your presentation. It is important to make sure that every listener will be able to understand content of the slides.
Add Relevant Images
Visual content helps to keep audience attention, so it must be present in any presentation. You can add some relevant photos, tables, charts, infographics and videos, which explain the topic. There are few online sources, where you can get catchy content.
- Freepik - This is a popular service, which offers various free and paid graphic resources such as illustrations, icons, vectors and photos. You can use existing items, or create something special with the help of online editing tools.
- Easel.ly - This is a great online tool for infographics creation. Thanking to the user-friendly interface, even newbie can design a worthy piece of visual content.
- Camtasia - This editor is helpful for splitting a long video into several short clips, which can be inserted in slides. For example, you can cut a concrete scene out from the movie, if you want to use it in your presentation.
- PPTpop - If you need a world map for your PowerPoint presentation, you can use this service to create and edit it for free.
Keep It Simple and Readable
Firstly, don't overload slides with the text. People tend to skip reading the long paragraphs, so there is a high risk of losing listeners' attention. You should state main points in 2 or 3 short sentences, and use subheadings and bulleted lists where it is possible.
Secondly, choose the fonts wisely. Neightan White, SupremeDissertations writer and an undergraduate specialist in education sciences, says: "Don't use too small or too huge font size. It makes presentation difficult to read, and also it looks absurdly. Select one or maximum two types of the fonts to enhance the readability."
Ensure Consistency in Design
There are few mistakes, which inexperienced presentation creators usually make. Due to the fact that even one small error can spoil the overall impression, you should design your PowerPoint file carefully:
- Use one template for all slides.
- Keep one color scheme.
- Apply the same filter to all images used.
Steven Mehler, a content manager at Rated by Students, has this to say about the importance of the visual consistency: "Some individuals tend to overuse the numerous design options. They start matching all possible colors and templates in one presentation. As a result, final design looks like a complete mess and it only distracts audience attention from the presentation topic."
High-quality presentation is the best tool ever to make people interested in your speech. Developing your skills you will be able to craft the visually appealing design and create an extremely valuable content. Your efforts will be rewarded with the positive feedback from your listeners.
However, keep in mind that you should also work on your speech delivery. Memorize a text, feel confident while speaking, control your voice volume– and you will reach success.
About the Author
Ethan Dunwill is a professional writer and editor who loves to share his passion for writing with the rest of the world. He is currently working with HotEssayService as a content creator and editor and in his spare time he loves to write posts which will help others create better content and keep their audience engaged.